Pages

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Summers almost done!

Where does the time go?!?!  Since my last post there has been tons of stuff happening.  First and foremost would be my receiving my Bachelor of Education degree with distinction, the last part there was not expected at all!  I have applied for various teaching positions but have always been the second choice.  Well not always, my first interview I was offered the position and really had to debate hard on it.  It was a temporary position, Sept to Dec and mainly high school classes which is out of my target area of Kindergarten to grade 5...almost exactly opposite of it in fact!  I really like the school and had a great feeling while there but the grade range of the position was the deciding factor.  The board was very understanding when after my given 3 days to decide I turned it down and they were very adamant that they wanted me on their sub list.  I sometimes wonder if I should have just taken that position since it would have meant a for sure job for the fall and not just sub listing but many times teachers in my classes would advise not to jump on the first job offer in front of you just to have a job, make sure it is something you want to do.  I am holding to those words and having faith that my teaching position is out there...

No comments:

Post a Comment