Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Proposal


For the final project in ETAD 470 we had the choice between doing a web quest or an e-portfolio.  I have chosen to do an e-portfolio.
Why have you chosen to complete an e-portfolio?

While I had thought about making a web quest, it really seems more useful to me to make an e-portfolio.  Several of the blogs I was already reading before this class were already set up as an e-portfolio and I had been thinking about/tinkering with making a similar idea.  While the idea of using Dreamweaver to create the website is a sound idea and I have experience with it from an art class I took, since I don’t have the full program on my network at home I am going to set it up on Blogger for now.  Down the road once I am able to purchase Dreamweaver or a new Adobe suite to upgrade my Photoshop as well then I can create the portfolio via Dreamweaver and enhance things from there.

What professional uses does an e-portfolio have for you?

By creating an e-portfolio I feel it gives me the ability to get my information out to potential employers electronically and easily.  It gives me a space where I can reflect upon my role as a teacher and the ideas I have for that.  I like the idea of having my information nice and neat in one area and it gives me the ability to have more examples and samples of my work available for potential employers without having to bring boxes of it with me to interviews.  My physical portfolio can become a more streamlined version, highlighting what I feel are the best pieces of work from the e-portfolio.

What content do you plan to include?


I will embed any documents using a site called Scribd.  Here viewers and future employers can see a preview of my documents and then if they wish to print off a hard copy or download the document all they have to do is hit full screen or download and the document is there easier to read and ready to be printed.

What graphic design considerations have you taken into account for the look of the e-portfolio.

As for the graphic design look I will be sticking with my current look of my blog for now.  I took a lot of time in selecting this design from the template and am happy with it.  In the future I would possibly modify this with my own images. I want to keep a fairly basic and user friendly feel to this since not everyone coming to it will be of the same technological mind set.
What concerns do you have about the process?  How do you plan to address these concerns?

My main concern with creating this e-portfolio is the same concern I have with my love of technology and staying current with it; how do I find/make the time to keep it up to date and keep myself current with how busy my life is.  I am currently finding my life to be very busy and my time to projects ratios to be very unbalanced.  I am looking new ways to doing things and possibly breaking up my calendar into ways that I really am not fond of doing; for example making my work time more specific – certain days are for certain projects.  The down side with that is that you can’t always predict or force the creative juices and drive so if on said day I am supposed to work on photography or poetry but don’t feel the creative flow I can’t force that otherwise the work will not be my best.  In all reality just a minor bump that will require adjusting all the time as things and situations change and evolve.  My only other concern is if I want to include my photo on the site.  I am leaning towards yes since it makes sense to have it available, but have not made up my mind completely just yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment